Magnetic-eddy-current flaw detector VID-345
Magnetic-eddy current flaw detector VID-345 is intended for detecting cracks and measuring their depth (detecting stress- corrosive cracks in metal ferromagnetic constructions) even under layer of corrosion and/or protective coating.
Flaw detector enables to measure depth of corrosive damage as well as thickness of protective coating.
The device combines magnetic and eddy-current methods for flaws detection, which enables the user to control products with rough corroded surface and to measure through the layer of insulating coating of variable thickness without any additional readjustment.
Objects of control:
- Simultaneous identification and depth measurement of stress corrosion cracks, thickness of the insulating coating and/or corrosion.
- Continuous monitoring of the thickness of insulating coating enables user to detect corrosion fissures.
- Real-time adjustment of readings.
- Adjustable threshold units for minimally detectable fracture depth and thickness of the insulating coating.
- Intuitive interface.
- Capability to use additional changeable sensors.
- Metallic housing of electronic unit for use in severe field conditions.
- The contact surface of the sensors is made of abrasion resistant zirconium ceramics.
- Signalization of the defect detection: lighting, audio signaling through loudspeakers or headphones.
Magnetic-eddy-current flaw detector VID-345 is designed for industrial and field conditions.
The device needs no additional adjustment at work:
- on coarse and corroded surface (preowned pipes, parts of structures, mechanisms),
- on a damp, dirty surface,
- on surfaces with variable thickness of insulating coating.
Operation modes of VID-345
|Searching for stress-corrosion fractures, with simultaneous detection of their depth and monitoring the thickness of the insulating coating||If thickness of the insulation coating is from 0 to 4 mm|
|Searching for stress-corrosion fractures||If thickness of the insulation coating up to 10 mm|
|Minimal fracture opening||0,05 mm|
|Minimum detectable fracture length||10 mm|
|Detectable fracture depth range||0,3 - 5 mm|
|Fracture depth measurement inaccuracy||0,2 mm + 0,1h (where “h” is crack depth)|
|Insulating coating thickness measurement range||0 - 6 mm|
|Insulating coating thickness measurement inaccuracy||10 %|
|Maximum insulating coating thickness allowing fracture detection||up to 10 mm|
|Exploitation conditions of flaw detector||air temperature -15 to +40 °С|
|LBH of electronic module is||150 х 80 х 35 mm|
|LBH of sensor is||25 х 25 х 60 mm|
|Weight of electronic module and sensor||0.5 kg|
|Power supply||is self-contained from 2 Ni-MH batteries (1.2 V) or similar or from battery type AA 1.5 V ALK|
|Continual working time from battery is||10 hours|
|Control of battery discharge||provided|
|Warranty||1 year from the day of delivery|
|Components of the kit||Quantity|
|Cable to connect sensor to the electronic unit||1|
|Sample of 2 mm crack||2|
|Sample of insulating thickness||1|
|Accumulator (set of 2 PCs. installed in the device)||1 set|
|Headphones with adapter||1|
|Bag for storage and transporting||1|
- Additional interchangeable sensors
- Additional cables